BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

11.19.2009

Colbie Caillat

Stubbs 10/22/09


Who knew that Colbie Caillat was good live? I didn't expect it. To be honest, I thought she was just another pretty face, pop artist with a couple of good hits... but she proved me wrong.
Besides having a good voice, she had great stage presence. Telling the audience stories, engaging her band with conversation, and actually being funny - I was pleasantly surprised.
Her newest album, Breakthrough is still reminiscent of loss, love, and budding romance. A classic girly album. To give her some credit though, she adds a beachy feeling. Hawaiian love songs at best.
I sure did enjoy the concert but really nothing beats her opening act, Trevor Hall.

Have you heard of him? I was stunned that I hadn't. South Carolina born and raised, Trevor grew up around music but his sound isn't replication of his father or other musician's he knew. Reggae infused with a delightful, soft, and soulful voice - Trevor is uncommon. I met him after, excited to buy his CD's and get his John Hancock. His self-titled CD is fabulous.
I recommend buying the whole thing.

But if not...
Recommended Tracks:
Unity (featuring Matisyahu)
31 Flavors
Lime Tree

peace,
tess.allen

0 comments: