BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

11.02.2009

GHOSTLAND.

ACL 10/03/09

One of the VERY best. Yes, it's Ghostland Observatory.
Interestingly enough, they don't consider themselves a band, but more of a duo with a promise. A promise to create amazing, soul enriching music that includes their funky beats and love for rock 'n roll. From Austin, Texas (holllaaa!) they have worked countless hours to release two great albums, Papparazzi Lightning and Robotique Majestique.
Front man Aaron Behrens and producer/drummer Thomas Turner are greatly influenced by Daft Punk, Laurent Garnier and Green Velvet. Behrens has even been compared vocally to Freddie Mercury and Prince.
Their sound is a blend of electronics, guitar, drums, and vocals. The beats are contagious and grow into a loud and noisy but so wonderful hubbub of music.
Many of my friends had told me about Ghostland and their amazing live shows which are full of crazy light effects and insane dancing from Behren. Though their excitement was enough to entice me to see a show, they're descriptions couldn't even justify how amazing the show actually was. Extremely exhausted from a whole day at ACL I couldn't believe that my feet continued to function as it was near impossible not to dance during every song. Behren's energy was incredible. I honestly couldn't take my eyes off him as he moved from one end of the stage to the other. His voice was so fresh and unknown, his sound was unlike any other.
As Ghostland Observatory begins to skyrocket to success, as I imagine they will, I don't think their sound will be compared to previous artists but rather other artists will be compared to them.
Get your dancing shoes on.

Recommended Tracks: Sad Sad City, Strange Lover, Piano Man

peace,
tess.allen





0 comments: