BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10.28.2009

Come on, lets Cope.

Citizen Cope.

"A modern day bluesman who paints a plaintive portrait of the human condition."
- Rolling Stone

ACL 10/03/09
I close my eyes. My foot taps against the earth as my hips sway keeping time to the rhythm. I reach into my bag for the lyrics like everyone else does to sing along with him as he stands with his guitar. He is soulful, thoughtful, and altogether wonderful. You know the drill if you've ever seen a favorite artist live. You stand elbow to elbow with other lovers who all seem to share the same belief that this music is beautiful.
Cope is a poet, an insanely amazing lyricist that chooses to sing about grief, love, triumph, and a whole laundry list of other relatable situations.
His lyrics are personal making you think he is pouring his heart out for all to see every time he opens his mouth. You feel an electricity, an indescribable music high that makes you want to hear more. "Keep playing" is all you want to say. His voice is unlike others. Now that I think of it, I can't compare him to another artist. He is authentic.
Amazingly enough, he is always grateful. Looking at the audience with great thankfulness for enjoying his show, I can't help but think he did more for me than I for him. I am buzzing afterwards contemplating his smooth, soulful, and addictive voice that is now stuck in my head. He is an ace, a man of many tricks - someone who makes magic with words.
If you haven't listened, you must.

Recommended Tracks: Bullet and a Target, Sideways, Sons Gonna Rise

peace,
tess.allen.

0 comments: